2nd International Workshop on Addressing Dropout Rates in Higher Education (ADORE’21)
Call for Papers
We invite you to participate in the 2nd International Workshop on Addressing Dropout Rates in Higher Education (ADORE’21) to be held during the Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference (https://www.solaresearch.org/events/lak/lak21/), 2021 in Online – Everywhere.
This workshop will focus on learning analytics approaches for reducing student dropout in HE. Our aim is to contribute to “shaping the future of the field” (LAK 2020 conference theme) by bringing together established research practices from various contexts (that is, different countries, different academic institutions and different domains), building a knowledge base of successful paradigms (for example, analytical approaches and decision-making strategies) and sharing the lessons learnt during the process of addressing student dropouts in Higher Education. The goal of this symposium is twofold:
- To create a community of stakeholders in order to share expertise, receive feedback and communicate lessons learnt from the design, adoption and application of data-driven practices (institutional analytics) for addressing dropouts in Higher Education, and;
- To contribute in building a knowledge base of successful practices that are essential for the adoption of learning and institutional analytics.
The workshop will emphasize the design and adaptation of robust, sustainable and transferable strategies for the future. To that end, we welcome contributions of researchers and practitioners that address (but are not limited to) the following topics of interest:
- Defining a solid basis for ethics, data privacy and compliance with the corresponding regulations (e.g., the European General Data Protection Regulation, GDPR);
- Integrating the stakeholders in the loop and putting the students in the center;
- Promoting holistic approaches where reducing dropout is not only an institutional matter but a shared goal among stakeholders;
– Submission opens 1 Dec 2020
– Submission deadline 9 Feb. 2021
– Notification of acceptance 23 Feb 2021
Contributions can be in the following forms:
- Full papers (papers should be in the window 6 – 10 pages)
- Posters (maximum 3 pages)
- Demos (maximum 3 pages).
All contributions to the workshop must follow the format of the Companion Proceedings Template and they should be submitted through Easychair https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=adore21. All contributions will be peer-reviewed by members of the Workshop Program Committee.